Page 1 of 2
When I encounter another human being, wants to build a relationship, I can do this in very different ways. For the meeting with the people who are entrusted to me in my professional life, I go - derived from the mentioned educational backgrounds - among others, the following basic assumptions:
- All people - whether with or without development impairments - who besides obvious physical and physiological needs (such as sleep, food, exercise ...) and psychological needs, their lack of satisfaction may have serious consequences and often trigger for special, sometimes problematic, behavior is. These by WOLFGANG NAUCK the needs for security, love, new experiences, experiences of success, self-esteem, freedom of own design include (creative activity)
- Behavior is communication. Sometimes obviously used as a substitute for verbal communication, often more hidden and less clear. It is more important to try to understand this behavior. To be construed as selected (and perhaps at the moment no alternative) term option than competence. To understand what need behind it. Only on the basis of this understanding, we can then make together on the path of seeking behavior alternatives.
- Any behavior followed a positive purpose. This also applies to individuals with challenging behaviors. Even at this point it comes to the underlying purpose of discovering the deep-seated, perhaps spilled, need to "dig up" and then to work together to find ways in which this can be met without having to resort to behavior which his integration difficult.
- I cannot change the behavior of another. That can only be the person himself. In the guidance and assistance of children and teenagers I see it as my job to make me together with them on the way. Based on the analysis of the behavior and possibly underlying needs we get together on a quest. On the basis of successes which the child experiences it and by satisfying the needs in other ways it will be willing to change his behavior.
- I am aware of on the one hand and my work really me the different realities of parents and their children. In this context, I see parents as experts on their children and the child as an expert of his own and take them on the road to a common educational partnership as equal seriously.
- Children and adolescents with developmental disorders experience more than others - especially in connection with striking or challenging behavior - rejection and exclusion. To me it is important, especially to help these children to develop confidence and the feeling of a "no intermediate being accepted to experience".